CHAMBER MUSIC INTENSIVE
July 29 - August 12, 2024
NEMC’s Chamber Music Intensive is a two-week summer workshop for advanced high school musicians. At CMI, we immerse in the world of chamber music through musical collaboration and community-building. Participants focus on two to three pieces in the chamber music literature working alongside our dynamic faculty with a focus on instrumental skill development, score reading, the art of active listening, navigating group dynamics, and the development of leadership skills. Our mission is to inspire the next generation of musical ambassadors through rigorous music-making in a nurturing and collaborative environment.
2024 Program dates:
July 29, 2024 - August 12, 2024
*Financial Aid is available!
Example Schedule (Click Here)
Admission and Audition Process:
- Complete the online application HERE which includes:
- Two solo videos of standard classical repertoire
- Teacher information for teacher recommendation
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- All materials will be sent to faculty for review.
- Upon review, applicants will be asked to submit selected excerpts, which will be sent by Registrar, Bethany Niedbala.
- Students will be notified of acceptance on a rolling basis. Please note, the $500 deposit will be due upon admission to the program.
To inquire, email Marian Powell
Faculty-selected repertoire will be distributed prior to camp for admitted campers. Students who are not offered a position at CMI will have their deposit/tuition refunded.
- Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon, Saxophone, Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba, Piano
- Pre-formed groups will be considered
2023 Faculty (2024 Faculty to be announced):