It is only necessary to submit an audition video for a declared minor if you will be participating in Concert/Symphony Band or Concert/Symphony Orchestra.
String, Winds, Brass, Keyboard, Guitar and Vocal:
Two excerpts of contrasting style from your most current, well-prepared classical music pieces. *Accompaniment is preferable, particularly for vocal students.
Any student wishing to be considered for placement in a jazz group (saxophone, trumpet, trombone, percussion, piano, bass and guitar only) may submit one classical excerpt and one jazz style excerpt.
Junior Percussionists (ages 11-14)
- Snare drum etude or solo
- Bb major scale played on bells, xylophone, or marimba
- Optional: demonstration of drum set styles
Senior Percussionists (ages 15-18)
- 2 contrasting solos, etudes, or excerpts from orchestra or band music performed on snare drum, drum-set, keyboard percussion, or timpani
Musical Theater Audition: (Deadline April 1st)
- Resume and Headshot - (please email to )
- Two contrasting 32-bar Musical Theater Pieces. At least one excerpt from pre-1970 musical theater repertoire.
- One 1-minute monologue from any play or musical
Supporting or Ensemble Roles
- One 32 bar-bar Musical Theater piece, preferably from pre-1970 musical theater repertoire.