Portland Piano TrioNEMC’s Chamber Music Intensive is a two-week summer workshop for advanced high school musicians interested in immersing in the world of chamber music. Program participants will focus on two to three works in the chamber music literature, alongside a faculty representing organizations such as Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, The Portland Piano Trio, The New Jersey Chamber Music Society, The Borealis Wind Quintet, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, Festival Orford Musique, Midwest Mozart Festival, US Marine Band Chamber Orchestra, Sequitur, VentiCordi, and The Harlem Chamber Players.
August 3 - August 14* - program runs Monday - Friday
*Check-In for overnight campers will be from 3:30p-5:00p on Sunday, August 2. Overnight campers may either check-out following the recital on Friday, August 14 or between 8:00a-9:30a on Saturday, August 15.
- Day Camp option- $1350
- Overnight Option - $1800
*If a student wants to do both Virtual NEMC & the Chamber Intensive their cost would be as follows:
- Virtual & Day - $3000
- Virtual & Overnight - $3300
*Financial Aid is available! To apply, see application in registration system.
Example Schedule (Click Here)
Admission and Audition Process:
- Register HERE and submit deposit.
- Submit solo video(s) of 1 or 2 standard classical repertoire selections and Chamber Music Questionnaire HERE.
- NEMC Registrar, Bethany Niedbala, will then send pre-selected excerpts to be recorded. Students should return selections within seven days.
- Videos, Questionnaire, and excerpts will be forwarded to Faculty for review.
- Students will be notified of a decision by July 7.
Application and Audition Deadline: Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
Faculty-selected repertoire will be distributed by July 15 for admitted campers. Students that are not offered a position will have their deposit/tuition refunded.
- Students from Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont , or residing in one of those states for the 14 days PRIOR to the Intensive beginning may enroll. Students from out-of-state will be required to quarantine at home for the 14 days prior to camp AND receive a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours of arriving on campus. Please note that per the Maine State Guidance, residents of Vermont & New Hampshire can be included as "Maine Residents." All students will be required to track health for the 14 days prior to arrival and we recommend for the safety of our campers that ALL receiving Covid-19 tests prior to arrival if possible.
- Instrumentation: Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Oboe, Flute, Clarinet, Bassoon, Horn, Piano
Portland Piano Trio
- Additional Studio Faculty To Be Announced
For additional information please contact Marian Murphy Powell at / 207-465-3025 or Bethany Niedbala at .
Covid-19 Safety Protocols
NEMC will be following all safety protocols set forth by the Maine CDC in the Maine Overnight Camp guidelines and checklist. To read the full set of guidelines Click Here. More specific details regarding NEMC's policies will be given prior to camp arrivals. Policies will include:
- Pre-screenings at home prior to coming to camp, as well as screenings upon arrival that will include temperature checks and a complete health questionnaire.
- The Chamber Music Intensive will be considered "one community" and thus will only be with each other and no other staff or guest.
- Students are encouraged to enroll in the overnight option to limit the amount of students leaving campus. If a student choses the day camp option they may do so, but will not be allowed to leave the state of Maine prior to the end of camp.
- All overnight campers will sleep in their own dorm room.There will be daily cleaning of those spaces, and a larger clean-up as a group over the mid-weekend.
- Housing will be provided on campus for all faculty in order to limit the amount of outside interaction. All faculty are Maine residents or Summer Maine residents.
- There will be a nurse on campus 24/7.
- All students will be required to bring a mask to camp so that it may be used if needed.