NEMC is hiring a Stage Manager for our 85th summer season. Applicants must be over the age of 21 and available from Late June to Mid August. Applicants should have extensive experience in sound and audio equipment, as well general understanding of musical groups (bands, orchestras, choirs, Jazz, etc). A more complete breakdown is below.
1. Rehearsals - Set up chairs & stands for 2 Bands, 2 Orchestras, 2 choruses and Jazz ensembles prior to their start times.
2. Concerts - Coordinate set changes (cue musicians & conductors when it’s time to take the stage, mix sound front of house.)
3. Manage, train and coordinate a crew of 15 - 20 students (varying ages from 11 to 18) to assist with all
concert and recital set changes.
4. Faculty & Student Recitals - Collect recital set-up forms from faculty, coordinate seating changes, move piano(s) & equipment.
5. Set out music crates for all rehearsals & performances. Transport crates between Bowl and Alumni Hall.
6. Ensure that all performance and rehearsal venues have (and maintain) an adequate number of plexiglass barriers, stands and chairs.
6. Assist percussion faculty with instrument moves across campus.
1. Must have extensive experience in audio enhancement. (mixing, mic placement, etc)
2. Must be 21 or older
3. Must be physically able to lift heavy equipment
4. Able to communicate effectively with artists/musicians, staff, maintenance, and children
ages 8 - 18.
5. Able to calmly troubleshoot technical difficulties, sudden changes in schedule (rain site),
and equipment failures/disappearance.
6. Must be available Late June to Mid August.