June 9 - June 23, 2020
Click here to apply.
Continuing the Legacy
Dr. Fredrick L. Hemke, a pioneer and international leader of the classical saxophone for more than fifty years, has inspired an entire generation of composers, musicians and saxophonists. His artistic values and his pedagogical genius are preserved and celebrated through the Frederick L. Hemke Saxophone Institute (FLHSI) at Snow Pond Music Festival, providing high-level college and graduate saxophonists with an intensive two-week summer program of study. Located on the shores of Maine's Snow Pond Lake, the Institute offers a beautiful and inspirational setting for the creation of art and music. The distinguished faculty for the FLHSI are all former students of Dr. Hemke.
- Combination of repertoire and technique lessons with faculty
- Quartet and large ensemble coaching
- Masterclasses, recitals, and evening seminars
- Ample practice time.
- Intimate and supportive environment for working with peers and professionals
- Affordable tuition includes lodging, meals and use of New England Music Camp’s waterfront, recreational equipment and facilities.
Frederick L Hemke Saxophone Institute 2019 Brochure